Extension in Action!
OSU Extension Wood County is offering Eat Right by Each Bite -- Virtual zoom classes. Here are the winter classes we will be offering in 2022!
Register by clicking the link for each class that you would like to attend. OR email email@example.com
- August 10th 12:00pm – 12:45pm:: Career Wellness: Work-Life Balance Presented by Ohio State University, Buckeye Wellness Team. Imagine a life in which you have the perfect job: you’re doing what you were meant to do, learning new things all the time, and facing exciting challenges while your colleagues treat you with respect. You start each day looking forward to work and come home excited about what you’ve done. Is this far from your reality? If burnout, stress, and dissatisfaction are common themes for you, it may be time to re-evaluate your career wellness. Learn some new strategies.
Registration Link: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIpdumrpjoiGdNy7cp5oSeGGD8LoV3k9Y3x
- August 17th 12:00pm – 12:45pm:: The Dangers of Dehydration and Prevention Strategies Summertime means hot weather and likely more time outdoors. Headaches, lack of energy, and muscle fatigue may all be signs of dehydration. This program will discuss tips to stay hydrated, hydration recommendations, as well as the importance of consuming enough fluids daily.
Registration Link: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtdeqtrTwjHNX7TvcZRVQcYHyoDKAWMKIv
- September 7th 12:00pm- 1:00pm Mental Wellbeing: Strategies to Improve Resilience and Flourish in Life’s Unpredictable Moments Presented by Ohio State University, Buckeye Wellness Team. Life brings its ups and downs; how you respond can make all the difference! Explore tips and strategies to help improve your resilience and maintain a positive emotional wellbeing during times of change and stress.
Registration Link: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEsceyvrD8uHtbHDmQYG7nzyXc-Dao3u_rh
- September 21st 12:00pm – 12:45pm:: Exploring the DASH Diet to improve Blood Pressure Nearly half of the adults in the US have high blood pressure and only 1 in 4 adults have it under control. Uncontrolled blood pressure can lead to many complications. The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is a lifestyle that has been proven to lower blood pressure by the foods we eat.
Registration Link: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMvduqvpjIrHN3j-DTe-Ixorg-T6C5L-Kct
- September 28th 12:00pm – 12:45pm:: Charcuterie Creations Charcuterie boards have gained popularity over the past year. They are a creative way to add variety and lots of color to your plate. We will provide tips to design your own charcuterie board at home. Charcuterie boards are great for parties, gatherings, or simply a grab and go meal.
Registration Link: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIvf-ysrD4uH9YrvdXDI8XzBcalQ2DdIP0f
FCS Lunch and Learn Series: Restart Ohio, Back to Healthy- Be Savvy with your Spirits
We invite you to enroll in our new virtual Eat Right by Each Bite program to receive 2 weekly text messages . These messages may also include a recipe or a link to other health related resources. This program also allows you to have virtual support from nutrition professionals Susan Zies and Shannon Smith. After receiving the text message or email-feel free to reply back with a question or comment and the message will come directly to us. This method allows us to continue with a two-way communication while we are working virtually and unable to offer any face to face classes for the next two months.
Sign up by texting @dwd2020 to the number 81010
81010 will be the phone number and @dwd2020 is the message.
** Your phone number will not be displayed to anyone. Texts can be stopped at anytime by texting @LEAVE and you will not receive future messages
For those signing up via email, use the following link and sign up to receive bi-weekly emails https://www.remind.com/join/dwd2020
For assistance signing up, please contact Shannon Smith. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-819-3078.
Susan Zies and Shannon Smith share a recipe for a Powerful Purple Smoothie, in Exploring power of the purple Smoothie: Quick breakfast or drinkable dessert.
Katie Stechschulte shares a recipe for Vegeterian Tortilla Soup in the article, Teacher in the Kitchen. A great recipe made using pantry items, and cooks in one pot. The cost comes down to 57 cents per serving. Make the soup in bulk, and freeze for another day!
Shannon Smith shares a recipe for Energy Bites,as well as Fruit and Peanut Butter Wraps in the article Stay at Home Treats. These recipes are a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen by making these fun and healthy snacks.